Friday, October 11, 2013

knitty knitty, holiday knitting!

so, all five of my kids announced they wanted mama-knit sweaters for christmas. in october. with 74 knitting days left until christmas. with all the other standard holiday knitting still to be completed. and my smallest kid is a size 6. the largest is a women's medium. we're not talking tiny baby knitteds. but, it's the first time they've asked for my wares, so i kind of HAVE to. 

i had some yarn in my stash already, and i had pattern already picked out for the boys, so i started right away. it's not the ideal yarn for a preteen boy's sweater, but it'll do for now. 

the yarn is malabrigo worsted weight merino yarn in autumn forest. the pattern is knitting pure and simple's children's tunic. 


knitting and rewatching season 5 of supernatural on the ipad. i love the way my stitches all line up in a pretty little row like toy solidiers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment